Free Delivery above ₱1,300.00
- Whilst Thyme essential oil can cause skin irritation, it has great value to help with concentration and to focus, as well as being an excellent bronchial and lung stimulant, making it valuable in bronchitis, coughs, colds, asthma and the like, while the warming qualities are great for rheumatism, sciatica, arthritis and gout.
- Properties: Anthelmintic, Antibacterial, Antifungal, Antimicrobial, Antioxidant, Antiparasitic, Antiputrescent, Antirheumatic, Antiseptic (intestinal, pulmonary, genito-urinary), Antispasmodic, Antitussive, Antitoxic, Astringent, Aphrodisiac, Carminative, Cictrisant, Diuretic, Emmenagogue, Expectorant, Hypertensive, Nervine, Revulsive, Rubefacient, Stimulant (immune system, circulatory), Sudorific, Tonic, Vermifuge.
- Spiritually, Thyme instills spiritual fortitude. It dispels despondency and lethargy and can relieve depressive states of withdrawal, insecurity and self doubt.
- Diffuse: Diffuse in a burner or vaporiser to help with bronchitis, coughs, respiratory problems, sinusitis, mucus congestion and muscular aches and pains.
- Massage: Thyme should always be diluted for any application to 1% or less. Blend with a carrier oil and myrtle essential oil to calm spasmodic coughing. As a blended massage oil it can assist with arthritis, bronchitis, colds, flu, coughs, gout, bruises, eczema, mucus congestion, muscular aches and pains, obesity and rheumatism. (If in doubt, try a skin patch test to see if you are sensitive to it).
- Precautions: It is a very potent oil and should not be used during pregnancy or in cases of high blood pressure. Because of the phenols (carvacrol and thymol), which can irritate mucus membranes and cause skin irritation, it should not be used for skin care products, and in general should be used in low concentrations.
Thyme essential oil is one of the most powerful natural antimicrobial and antiviral agents known to the medical community. According to Jean Valnet, M.D., Thyme oil kills the anthrax bacillus, the typhoid bacillus, meningococcus, and the agent responsible for tuberculosis and is active against salmonella and staphylococcus bacteria.
Thyme oil strengthens the nerves, aids memory, focus and concentration, can help with the feeling of exhaustion and combats depression, while it fortifies the lungs and helps with colds, coughs, asthma, laryngitis, sinusitis, whooping cough, sore throats and tonsillitis.
Thyme oil is beneficial to boost the immune system and can help fight colds, flu, infectious diseases and chills and as a urinary antiseptic, it is very helpful for cystitis and urethritis.
The warming effect of this oil can help in cases of poor circulation, as well as for arthritis, rheumatism, gout, muscular aches and pains, sprains and sport injuries. It is also helpful for cellulite, anorexia, obesity and to speed up birth.
Unless otherwise stated and to the fullest extent permissible by law, Sephora disclaims all warranties, representations and conditions (whether express or implied) as to the veracity, accuracy, completeness, currency or any other aspects of any product claims or descriptions on this website which have been provided by to us by third parties (e.g. the relevant brand owners or customers reviews). Sephora has not independently verified such product claims or descriptions. Customers and users who wish to rely upon such product claims, descriptions or customer reviews should consult directly with such third parties.
All of our products are 100% authentic